Day 292 Looking Up



September 27, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)



Some days bring many gifts and this is one. After sitting and healing from surgery, David felt better and stronger today and we managed to go to the Baltimore Book Festival for a short time. It was long enough to hear three readers from the New Mercury readings and to catch the end of a Q&A with one of my favorite writers, Laura Lippman, on her latest book, “Hush Hush.” Then we heard an interview that friend Bob Timburg did with Senator McCain. I did videos for the New Mercury readings, took some snapshots of Laura smiling as she signed books, and did a selfie of David and me with McCain. As McCain shook hands with some of us in the front row, he stepped on David’s foot and said, “Sorry.” David replied, “It’s okay. I’ve got another one.” McCain chuckled. It felt so good to be doing some normal activities again.

At home tonight, we looked in the sky for the aligning of the sun, Earth and moon. The super blood moon is a rare occurrence, happening only five times since 1900, and we were lucky that clouds parted long enough for us to see part of the eclipse tonight. A confluence so far away connects the human family as we share celestial awe with people from all around the world. 

The next super blood moon eclipse is due in 2033 in approximately 6,575 days. I look forward to seeing it again when I am 88, maybe with a longer lens. And maybe with fewer global conflicts.

My gift today is a super blood moon eclipse.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 
You can find links to my other posts on this project here:


3 comments:

  1. I missed the super blood moon, so thanks very much for the history and updates. Your photo is inspirational. Glad your hubby is doing better. (I think your friend stepped on David's foot right, not food, lol!) Hugs to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! "Food" has now been replaced with "foot". David is usually my editor but, obviously, has been distracted.

      Delete

This space for your comments: