Day 268 Glow



September 3, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


Now I sleep late but for many years, I awoke at 5:30 to begin my day. It is a beautiful time of the day as the sun rises and casts a warm glow all around. The light is almost sacred and sounds are hushed. For just a few moments, everything becomes gold. 

Waking up early this morning, I walked into the kitchen and was bathed in the golden glow from the sunlight rising in the east and reaching through the window. This brief junction of light and object disappeared in five seconds. Once the glow reaches its pinnacle, it quietly slides downward to become another normal day.

For a few seconds, I caught this ethereal light coming in the kitchen window and shining through a beaded ornament hanging there. The turquoise beads are strung together to form either an alien or an angel with wings and two fingers creating a peace sign. What it is depends on the observer. I took three photos in a row but only the first one caught the glow. The next two photos were too late. Timing makes all the difference.

The special glow at this junction does not last and it calls out for a third element—an observer. It is a communion of light, object and observer. I stop, take a deep breath and allow the moment to flow through me.  

So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay.” Robert Frost

 My gift today is a golden junction.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

> Day 269: The Burden of Stuff

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: