Day 354 Be Good



November 28, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)




A relaxed day in Baltimore…

I started out today with David at the American Visionary’s Art Museum’s Bazaart, an “annual holiday art market” where I wound up buying one gift. Many types of art were for sale—jewelry, textiles, photos, paintings, apparel, sculpture and other art that did not fit into any of these categories. I always find it especially rewarding to be able to meet and talk with the artists. 

As we left, we stepped outside onto AVAM’s “bird’s nest” balcony where I took a few shots looking down on moving figures around the mosaic egg and someone kindly took a picture of us together with the damp and darkening city in the background. On the way to the main museum, I couldn’t resist capturing a reflection of David and me in the outside museum mosaic wall. We could not leave without visiting the Sideshow gift shop in the main museum where we bought some Christmas presents.  

We found a bite to eat at Turp’s Sports Bar on Charles Street with excellent crab soup and hamburgers, explored some shops in Hampden and then went to the closing show of the Erotic Art at Gallery 788 where I discovered one of my multimedia art pieces had sold. On a white background with black letters are the words “BE GOOD,” the two O’s filled in with condoms.

Making money is always good, but spending time in Baltimore with someone I love is priceless.

My gift today is priceless time. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

> Day 355: Play Matters

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html
              








No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: