Day 352 Thanksgiving



November 26, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)



I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” ~ G. K. Chesterton

Thanksgiving is the one day a year that we pause to give thanks. The turkey has become a symbol for our thanks, although in the end, the turkey had no reason to be thankful. I’ve read Facebook posts with lists and they are all truly treasures I appreciate too: I live in a country that allows dissent; I have food, shelter and security; I enjoy use of all my senses; I am surrounded by family and friends who care.

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ~ Thornton Wilder

However, we often miss the little wonders all around us. I’ve been practicing gratitude every day for my 365 Gifts project. A few gifts I’ve been thankful for during the year have been: rain, green, synchronicity, a circle, legacy, blending, understories, ripples, silence, a red leaf, resonance, bubbles, choice, patina, questions, trust, dance, hugs, purrs, flow, worms, stretching, graffiti, smiles, shadows, bubbles, tree frogs, weeds, metaphors, energy, golden junction, seeds, transition, passageway, moon eclipse. Many times each day, I am thankful for the moment.

Add the large and small things together and I find love. I am thankful that I have the capacity to love and that I am surrounded by loving human beings. 

My gift today is love. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­  

> Day 353: The Shape of Life

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html
              








No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: