Day 345 Bright Spots on a Rainy Day



November 19, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


Today was a high fiber day, beginning with meeting a friend for lunch. My friend Karen gave me a gift, an autographed book of Rick Steves Travel as a Political Act. I look forward to reading this book as I yearn to get back to traveling.  I don’t usually shop at Nordstrom’s with its over-priced tags, but I can find a good lunch there. Tomato basil soup and half a turkey cranberry sandwich turned out to be a high fiber and excellent meal. 

Another gift came tonight with free tickets to see a movie screening of Spotlight at The Charles Theater in Baltimore. The film is about the Boston Globe’s investigative reporting on systemic cover up of Catholic Church regarding child molestation by priests. It is a disturbing topic but a high fiber excellent movie.

By the time the movie ended, the rain had stopped and the clouds began to uncover the moon. As David and I walked back to the car, I saw something glistening in the street. When I picked it up, I discovered it was a heads-up 2015 shiny penny. This was high fiber excellent luck.

When I look back at today’s gifts, however, the best gift was spending time with a friend after a long break, catching up and talking about politics, family, experiences, feelings, moral fiber and a future collaborative project. 

Fiber in food is necessary for physical health but fiber in friendship is important for mental health. 

My gift today is fiber.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 


> Day 346: Evidence

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: