Day 313 Girls’ Nights Out



October 18, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)



Today my sisters and I left West Virginia to drive home to our families. This weekend, a girls' two-nights-out, we spent more time together than we have in the past.  We did some sightseeing, shopped, watched movies and ate together. My sisters asked me if the weekend turned out the way I expected it would. The answer is simple because my expectation was for us to spend time together. We did. 

We had a chance to talk with one another—about family, religion, feelings, and the past. They reminded me that I was a rebellious teenager. I have always joked with my sisters that, as the oldest, I went to the trouble of breaking rule barriers, which they didn’t take advantage of. 

We also talked about the present, attitudes, defining moments, the challenges of raising children today and how aging is affecting us personally. We are blessed that we came from a stable home with parents who loved their children and each other and did not show favoritism. Jealousy has not been part of our feelings for one another. We have never argued over things our relatives have left in their estates and are more concerned with people than with things. We are much alike in showing empathy and a basic desire to be considerate and helpful, but we are different in how we deal with uncertainty and what others might think of us. Among the three of us, I probably am most comfortable with uncertainty.  Because I take chances and tend to live inside questions, I am always on a journey.

My gift today is a triad of sisterly love.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 
> Day 314: Rainbow in the Black

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: