Day 323 Sandy Mind



October 28, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


Sometimes I have to think for a while, or look at my calendar, in order to remember things that I did on a particular day—even on the same day. Certain things blur and fade quickly. That’s surprising today because I had a root canal and, if I were normal, I would remember that. Maybe it’s my tendency to quickly shove unpleasant things out of my mind. My root canal wasn’t too bad, considering that my mouth was stuffed and propped open for an hour. The dentist and his assistant were good but I did have to use my asthma inhaler before he finished.

Maybe I forgot about my dental work because our oldest daughter FL dropped in to visit later in the afternoon. We always like to spend time with our daughters. And then there was the free movie screening of Burnt tonight. The movie was not five stars but it was entertaining. I guess the afternoon visit and free movie tipped the scale. 

Maybe my mind is like a sandy beach. I write unpleasant experiences in the sand of my mind and time washes them away but I carve good experiences in a stone that becomes even more beautiful as time washes it to a smoothness that I want to constantly touch. 

Write the bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble.” ~ Arabic parable

My gift today is smooth sand. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 





> Day 324: Connections

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html







No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: