Day 172 Soul Food

May 30, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th years where I write and illustrate a blog on each day’s gift.)


Stop the clock. Hang out with friends. Fill a night with silliness.

I took my computer to the shop this morning with what is probably a bad hard drive. Now, that's something that causes stress today but something that had no place in yesterday (as in "long ago"). What can I do? I can sit around and worry but that might waste some precious time. I might hang out with some friends and laugh a lot. Now that sounds like a good idea. And that is what I did.

Stacy, Rayned, Ace (a poodle) new Couch Surfer friend Charles, David, Misty (a cat) and I shared a night with a good home cooked meal by David, interesting conversation and lots of wine. Conversation ranged from good books to good poop and lots of things in between. We set up some photos with Ace pretending to play Scrabble while Misty walked away in disdain. Everyone pitched in to create dog-appropriate Scrabble arrangements which led to words like kittyqat, mongrel, bitch, poodle and paws.

Being a project/creation-driven person, sometimes I forget just to sit around, produce nothing and have plain fun. Tonight it did not matter that I took fuzzy photos with my new long pole selfie stick and remote shutter release. Tonight it did not matter if I finished this blog. What did matter was that I spent time with friends and that we laughed together. This is good for the soul.

My gift today is fun with friends.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



You can find links to my other posts on this project here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: