Day 22 – Ataraxy and More



December 31, 2014

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)

Besides fireworks, food, drink and parties, New Year’s Eve is about wrapping up the old and beginning anew. This means resolutions. Many years ago, I had a New Year’s Eve party and taped up a roll of brown wrapping paper with markers accessible nearby. I invited everyone to write a resolution. I don’t remember any of them except one —“I resolve to lose my virginity.” I assume he did. I do not remember what I wrote so I cannot say if I kept it. However, I can say that it had nothing to do with virginity because that no longer applied to me.

A Facebook friend, author Laura Lippman, every year invites people to post one-word resolutions. It’s an interesting challenge. Here are some of the responses: model, work, ataraxy, understand, create, revise, better, awake, aware, understand, forward, present, move, prolific, married, patience, capitalize, acceptance, do, hope, return, finish, be, achieve, be, clean, sing, positive, survive, whatever, 30, do, endure, evolve, begin, better, balance, finish, less.

My gift today is a resolution to myself as I begin a new year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> DAY 23 Buttons and Joy


You can read my other posts on this project here:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: