Day 294 Bam



September 29, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


Ideas are exciting and I find them at Ignite Baltimore events. Last night I attended with friend Shirley in Baltimore. There was a social hour with drinks and appetizers in the foyer that buzzed with animated conversations. Then, in the auditorium, 16 speakers presented ideas and shared their hopes and dreams for Baltimore. Among other inspiring speakers, Artist Michael Owen of the Baltimore Love Project talked and so did WYPR’s Aaron Henkin who is embarking on a fascinating Baltimore project, “Out of the Blocks.”

On the way to the event, however, after just stopping at a red light, I was surprised with a sudden bam from the rear of my car. Another car had hit my new 2015 Toyota Yaris. Alas, my Yaris is no longer a virgin. On his way to a yoga group, the other driver had probably not used extra caution needed in the beginning rain and hydroplaned into my new car. Luckily, no one was hurt, we exchanged information and I continued to our event—a little later than planned.

After talking with other friends who attended Ignite Baltimore, hearing inspirational 5-minute talks, and driving Shirley back to her place, I began a knuckle-white drive home in a torrential downpour. With limited visibility and necessary moves around deepening water accumulation in some areas, I was on high alert for any potential situations that could cause a second accident of the night. After a harrowing drive home with no further incidents, I pulled into my driveway with a sigh of relief. Tomorrow I will deal with insurance and car repairs.

My gift today is a safe drive home tonight.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

More about Ignite Baltimore: http://www.ignitebaltimore.com

> Day 295 Happiness

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: