Day 291 Picnic at Home



September 26, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)



David and I were cheered by a surprise visit today from my youngest sister and her husband this afternoon after our friend Jeremy left in the morning. I don’t see my two sisters very much these days. After the death of our father last year, we’ve returned to our own lives, trying to catch up with our own medical appointments and home maintenance issues. After David’s major surgery and slow recovery, when our days have been turned upside down and inside out, it feels good to be returning to a more normal life. 

Last week, Nancy brought food. Today Jaymie brought lunch supplies and we provided the ambience as we ate outside. The hummingbirds have not left our area yet, although I read that they usually migrate in September and return in April. Our conversational flow was sometimes interrupted when a hummingbird hovered at the feeder and then zipped away sideways like a helicopter. The black-capped chickadees also came by chirping their greetings. Tall loblollies swayed in the breeze and wind chimes became our background music. 

We were in harmony with one another and the creatures and sounds around us. People and nature bring a welcome balance to the day. 

My gift today is a visit from my sister.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

> Day 291: Looking Up

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: