Day 275 Trucks



September 10, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)


The past few days have been long and tiring with days spent at Hopkins after David's surgery. The doc says he will be in the hospital 5-7 days. It is difficult to watch someone you love go through a procedure that makes him feel “like I’ve been hit by a truck” says David. But I’m sure, it’s more difficult for the one who has been hit than the one who watches. I’ve been there during the day and FL, our family nurse, during the night. In spite of the pain and discomfort, the patient has been able to smile and make some jokes. That is amazing to me.

It is heartwarming to see the outpouring of concern from family, friends and acquaintances from around the world. People have contacted me by phone, email and Facebook. I try to keep everyone up to date on Facebook but have not been able to return all calls yet. Our circle of friends is truly amazing—people of all ages, from all walks of life and from all around the globe.  

It is a blessing to be part of such a large, diverse and caring community. 

My gift today is caring community.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­ 

> Day 276: Navigating

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:





No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: