Day 286 Home Delivery



September 21, 2015

(If we live with an open and grateful attitude, every day will bring a gift. This is one of 365 gifts during the year I turned 70.)

Home cooked dinner. Chicken, potatoes and green beans delivered to us by my sister and her husband. Much more successful than my cooking attempts.
I admit that I’m not a great cook. I didn’t inherit any cooking genes. Lucky for me, I married a man who takes care of the grocery shopping and cooking. However, since recent surgery, he has to abandon his chef’s hat temporarily.

When I cook, I can be creative and put something together from whatever is in the refrigerator. The problem is, nobody likes it except for me. Breakfast is a challenge. It is a major meal for David but I usually just have fresh fruit, tea and little else. While David’s cooking has been on hold, I’ve prepared scrambled eggs, French toast, peach pancakes, fried potatoes, hash, etc. It is impossible to time everything to be ready at the same time. Sometimes I burn; other times I undercook. David tells me what a good job I am doing but I think that’s more from appreciation than fact.

So today, we had very welcome visitors. My sister Nancy and her husband Joe drove the distance from Harford County to deliver a wonderful baked chicken dinner for tonight and a crockpot dinner for another night. Dessert came with it too. Nancy is the one who inherited cooking genes from our mother. It was thoughtful of her to deliver her home cooked meals to us. Maybe she felt sorry for brother-in-law, knowing that her sister is a failure in the kitchen. 

My gift today is home cooking delivered to my house.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­  

> Day 287 Spiky Balls

You can find links to my other posts on this project here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: