Day 95 – Equal Opportunity



March 14, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)



Mother Nature does not discriminate. Just ask those in Haiti or New Orleans or Vanuatu. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. No matter how unfair that seems, that’s the way things are.

Walking in the rain in my backyard, I am drawn to drops of rain hanging from bare tree twigs, brittle leaves and coiling weeds. All living things need water and have equal opportunity to it. Drops hang indiscriminately from my defoliated Japanese red maple as well as from a pernicious weed, which will try to choke my good plants as the growing season begins. 

But right now, regardless of how that weed will soon behave, the rain crowns it in beauty and reflections--the same as the red maple, crepe myrtle and holly. I see the same things reflected in the drops, regardless of where they hang; I am reflected in weed drops as well as holly drops.  
  
My gift today is aqua-reflections.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­
> DAY 96 Slats of Time

You can read my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: