Day 82 – Beyond the Ice



March 1, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)

Windows are not only for looking out of but also for looking onto.

Icy conditions made travel impossible today but, along with cancellations, it brought visual delights. Just because I couldn’t drive anywhere today, it didn’t mean that I couldn’t sit in my car—with my camera. When the snow turned to icy rain this morning, tiny droplets pinged against the windshield, which then tossed the icy pellets back into the air. It was a magical ice dance that could very well have been set to music if I had filmed it with video. Instead, I examined the ice formations on the glass with my macro lens.

The icescapes were beautiful alone but my imagination began to go wild as I snapped some photos. Then, when later I looked closely on my computer screen, I began to see beyond what was originally there. What would happen if I merged two icy landscapes or if I flipped one and made a mirror image. So many paths I could take.

My final image plays with the mind the more I look at it. It reminds me of art I’ve seen at the AVAM (American Visionary Art Museum). Some readers might draw conclusions about my sanity. More accurate would be conclusions about my imagination.
              
My gift today was ice dances and icescapes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­

> DAY 83 Soleful Pleasure

You can read my other posts on this project here:













No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: