Day 105 Unfolding of Wings



March 24, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)



“I trust you,” a friend said to me today while seeking calm in the middle of her personal storm.

I am glad that my friend believes I am worthy of her trust. When you trust someone, it means you make yourself vulnerable and that can be a huge risk. But in my experience, it also opens up to good things. When I first opened up to David more than 35 years ago, I said to him, “I am going to make myself vulnerable to you. I trust that I can.”   

And I could and it has made all the difference.

It is hard to trust in the future, especially when sometimes things are so muddy, but it is the unknowing that leads to possibilities. Knowing only leads to certainty and I prefer possibilities. When I spoke with Tony Hayes who interviewed me for an art article he was writing, I told him that an artist must go forward into the future without knowing what she will meet. I believe that is the only path to creativity. If you know for sure what is ahead of you, that is a creativity-buster. It is this unknowing that takes us to wonderful new places.


I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you. ~ C. JoyBell C.


My gift today is a friend’s trust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­
> DAY 106 Straight Line Circles

You can read my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html

1 comment:

This space for your comments: