Day 93 – Mystery Package



March 12, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)


Today in the mail, I received a package from China that I had not ordered. However, it had my name and address on the padded manilla envelope. I opened it to find a small plastic “lens” that was actually a cup the right size for a shot glass. The return address says it is from Gong Lu and that it is a DSLR kit. There was no note or packing slip included. The return address indicates that it was sent from the Nanshan district of Shenzhen, which is in southern China’s Guangdong Province with a population of 15 million and just north of Hong Kong. 

What a small world it is when I receive a surprise package from the other side of our planet.

I’ve been writing about gifts that each day brings. Sometimes the day brings a surprise such as the otherworldly patina on a tiny piece of metal I found. Sometimes it brings a mystery that makes me wonder, such as the curled beech tree leaves that refuse to let go when other trees are relinquishing all of their leaves. Day 93 has brought me a literal gift that makes me smile and wonder. I know the answers to what, when, where and who (at least the name of the Chinese sender) but I do not know the why. A surprise, mystery and unanswered questions bubble to the top of my day. 

My gift today is a question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­
> DAY 94 Fun-A-Day

You can read my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: