Day 32 - Testosterone



January 10, 2015


(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year about gifts that each day brings.)


Just a little before the Ravens/Patriots game was to begin, David and I walked into Sandman’s, a neighborhood bar in Baltimore's Canton, and sat on bar stools next to Stacy and Ace, who was wearing a purple Ravens jersey. A purple crowd was gathering and TV screens were all tuned to the game being played in Boston.

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not a big team sports fan. I get too much of it at home and usually retreat to my office with the game sound interrupted from time to time with yells from David. I just can’t get excited about a bunch of men running around with a prolate spheroid and piling on top of one another. There is one exception, though — I do like to look at tight asses highlighted by the form-fitting uniforms.

Tonight at Sandman’s, the Ravens started off with a quick touchdown and the bar crowd started shouting and high-fiving. I was drowning in testosterone that was emitting from the television screens and filling up the bar. It was amazing how it permeated the atmosphere. This might be changing,  however, because of a yellow line. I learned from Stacy that ever since the technology became available for a yellow first-down line to be shown on the broadcast, female viewers have increased. This seemed to have helped overcome a visual literacy problem that had plagued women.

I’m not sure how much of the game Ace followed because his eyes tracked Christine behind the bar and she seemed to favor him too, because she kept giving him treats. It is reported that Ace is quite a barfly. Although I do not usually watch football, I have to admit that being surrounded by testosterone, spending time with Stacy and sitting next to Ace, my favorite miniature poodle, was fun.

Tonight’s gift was a cute barfly.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



You can read my other posts on this project here:
http://bjschupp.blogspot.com/2014/12/365-gifts.html


 

2 comments:

This space for your comments: