Day 30 - Weather



January 8, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)

Every year, as soon as we have our first snowfall in the Baltimore region, I hear over and over again the slogan, “Think spring.” Maybe that’s part of human nature. We always yearn for what is around the next bend.

One thing that I love about this area is its contrasts. Maryland has mountains, seashore and cities; it is both hilly and flat, high and low, populated and unpopulated, urban and rural. And its citizens are diverse—people from many countries, with different skin colors and religions.

I don’t think spring so much as I appreciate the weather contrast that Maryland has. I love every season for what it offers…winter for its unique sounds and bleak contrasts, spring for its new full green, summer for its carefreeness and laughter, and fall for its color beauty and crisp air. Each season also offers a contrasting side …back aches from shoveling show in the winter, hay fever in the spring, uncomfortable humidity in the summer and shorter days in the fall.

Changing seasons give Maryland a fully-developed personality, a diverse one. Diversity is part of the richness of life, both socially and environmentally. Envionmentalists know that biodiversity is important to our planet but contrasts in life experiences also contribute to life’s fulness.

I seek people and information sources that do not affirm what I believe. I go to art shows (Anything Goes exhibit opening at Gallery 788 tonight) that stretch how I see art and its influence. I am intrigued by the multifariousness and contrasts in life.

Today’s gift is contrast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> DAY 31 Tarnished Necklace

You can read my other posts on this project here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space for your comments: