Day 73 – Yin and Yang


February 20, 2015

(This is part of a 365 project during my 70th year where I write and illustrate a blog on each day's gift.)




Most human beings have a mix of dark and light inside and it is this duality that gives us depth and balance. Some struggle with this balance and the darkness dominates, hiding details that might provide perspective. Others do not struggle at all, choosing to see only the light and refusing to admit there is any darkness in them at all.

If we are to evolve as individuals though, we must acknowledge both parts so we can know them. It is only in defining ourselves that we become truly whole. We reach toward the light but must remember that there has to be darkness for light to fall on. Light cannot define itself without contrast, nor can darkness. Light gives shape to darkness and darkness directs us to light.

At times, the battle is challenging for all of us but more so for some. I have seen the pain in some of my friends as they wrestle with the light and dark within.  I want to remind them that shadow cannot exist without light and they have light.  We need both; they are complementary.

Today’s gift is light and darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­

> DAY 74 Through the Glass

You can read my other posts on this project here:


2 comments:

  1. I'm always touched by what you write. Love you Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this after hearing yesterday about the struggle a friend has been experiencing.

      Delete

This space for your comments: