Day 19 - Puggle Lesson



December 28, 2014
(This is day 18 of a 365 project during my 70th year, each day a gift.)



In spite of covering my ears with blankets, it didn’t work—grand-doggie Roxy awakened me at 6 a.m. this morning. Staying with us while our daughter and son-in-law are in Florida,  this dog is perpetual hunger personified. The early morning wake up is the down-side of dog-sitting. The up-side is walking in Downs Park, something we both love to do.

These walks are always an adventure for me, even if I go there every day. With a canine companion, an extra layer is added. I’ve noticed that even a puggle can make me think about how to live my life:

  •  Stop to smell everything. You never know what you will find. 
  •  Play with falling leaves as if looking foolish were the coolest thing in the world. 
  •  It’s okay to run around in circles as long as you feel joy. 
  •  Stop often to leave something of youself behind so others will know you have been there. 
  •  Sometimes it is good to chase something, even if you don’t understand it.
  • Take your time pooping and don’t forget to look around. You don’t want to miss anything. 
  •  Pick your nose up off the ground so you can see the deer watching you. 
  •   On your journey, travel with a sweeping motion to experience both sides of the path.

Today’s gift is a puggle lesson.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> DAY 20 Dome
You can read my other posts on this project here:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bonnie! There are many good things to learn and remember here. I am hoping to catch up on the ones I've missed reading after New Year's Eve is done with. Meanwhile, much love and keep "sweeping" both sides of the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might take twice as long to get where I'm going but I'm less likely to miss something.

    ReplyDelete

This space for your comments: