- Driving early morning with my husband from Pasadena to the Whirligig Festival in Wilson, North Carolina.
- Walking around the festival in a small town and admiring the festivity, color, imagination and creativity.
- Meeting people on the street—a local Baptist minister and his wife, a couple who traveled to the festival all the way from Alaska because they love whirligigs.
- Listening and watching the whirligigs in the park and admiring their construction by folk artist Vollis Simpson.
- Returning at night to see the light schemes, find the light buttons and find the stars on the pavement which indicate the best spots to see the colorful reflections.
- Ending the night in our hotel bed next to my husband of 37 years.
Read more about gifts every day: http://www.blurb.com/b/7302623-365-gifts-on-turning-70?ebook=591764